>

Monday, August 18, 2008

Rainy Day Apron Making...

Ahhh... It is a beautiful rainy day here. Perfect weather for some indoor crafting and cooking. We had a few projects going today, I really wanted to try making a pillowcase dress, but I was getting confused over the simplicity of the instructions. Sooooo, instead of making a dress the wise Mimi suggested I try making an APRON (she said it was going to be easy). Ha, well I don't sew.... I would LOVE to learn to sew... But patterns seem really scary to me, and I can never figure out which line to cut on. Yadda yadda yadda.... So, I made one from scratch with no pattern (But lots of imagination). The heart is a bit large, but hey I'm pretty proud of the work I did. I even attempted a button hole (I don't think I did it right). HOORAY!

So while I made an apron for Rosie, Angel made a pot of veggie soup from our garden bounty: I do let Angel use a chefs knife, I think its easier to control a chefs knife versus a paring knife. All her fingers are intact, and her soup was d'lish. Here is the recipe for her soup




7 comments:

Lena said...

Wow! You made that apron? I wouldn't say that you can't sew. I think you did a wonderful job, and that you should be very proud.
That is sure a cutie patootie model that you have there!

Dear Angelina,

I am so impressed with your gardening and your cooking skills. Your soup looks delicious and oh my....you've done a wonderful job of chopping with the chef's knife. I know you have been taught to be very careful when using it. I love the photographs of you. Especially the last one. You look so pretty!

Love to you all,
Auntie Lena

Junie Moon said...

What an adorable apron and I think you've done a marvelous job. Your cute littel model certainly seems to be enjoying it. And that recipe is yummy, what a great job your little one did in making it.

brsmaryland said...

Your apron is pretty impressive! Sewing is in your blood...you don't need no stickin' pattern ;-)
Angel is quite the little chef. Good for you to teach her how to use the chef's knife and cook at the stove. I can tell you are a great mom to your girls.

Anonymous said...

Made with love "heart' apron? Tasty soup? Pretty model and cook? Sounds to me like you had a awfully nice rainy day!xoxo the fan

smilnsigh said...

Please don't say you don't sew! You most certainly do sew!

And your Angle certainly is a budding Chef!

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog

smilnsigh said...

Ooops, that should have been spelled Angel. :-)

Gentle hugs,
Miss Mari-Nanci
Smilnsigh blog

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

What a lovely little chef you have there. The soup looks and sounds so good. The apron is so pretty. I adore aprons and I really cannot sew. You have a fabulous blog spot...m.