>

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Everybody has those days


I know this is a bit premature but I was able to get Rosie in her costume. This is the costume that came out of my sewing machine, I made the top out of some microfleece and a nasty shiny purple cheetah print that was like .50 cents a yard. Its a very commercialized depiction of a mermaid I know. I don't know how I ended up making something sooo..... Disney, I mean I love Disney, but the costume isn't very whimsical. Rosie likes it.... I think! I submitted it to Regis and Kelly, so if you see it on there that's us!

Angel, has opted for a store bought Geisha costume (insert snickers here... Yes indeed Target makes a Japanese call girl costume for children, and I purchased one). Now, I have changed the name of what MY Angel will be to a Ninja... she is a Spider Ninja, NOT a prostitute(pictures to follow).

Onto my newest favorite recipe,

Stuffed Acorn Squash
  • 2 acorns squashes, halved, guts removed
  • 1 box cornbread stuffing
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 stalk celery diced
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • chix broth & butter (I can't remember how much, its for preparing the stuffing)
  • 1/2 cup toasted and chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup craisins
  • brown sugar
  • salt and pepper

  1. Preheat over to 375 degrees F
  2. Prepare the stuffing like you would to stuff a turkey, with the onions and celery sauteed in butter, then adding the chix broth the walnuts and the craisins, lastly adding the stuffing mix cover and let let stuffing absorb liquid for 5 minutes, toss with a fork.
  3. Meanwhile place the squash halves on a baking sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar and place 1/2 tsp butter in to each half
  4. Once stuffing is ready, spoon into acorn squash until heaping mounds appear (hehe that sounds funny). Anywho, sprinkle tops with brown sugar (again) and bake uncovered for approx 30 minutes or until squash is fork tender.


This is so outrageously good, you have no idea... Just try it... Please... You will not be disappointed

In other news my dryer has broken, I have socks drying from my oven, and undies hanging from the curtain rods, and it would seem that I will be drying my clothes this way for quite some time (Any tips on drying clothes w/o machinery?). The in-laws are coming to visit next Friday from Tillamook, OR (yes, they live in the town that processes and ships out the most d'lish cheese west of Wisconsin), so I need some ideas on something to put in the crockpot (Halloweeny perhaps?). Hope everyone is well, and looking forward to the holiday season! I'll leave you with this video!


2 comments:

Lena said...

Oh my, what a sweet performance by the resident mermaid! I love the costume. You did a wonderful job on it, and those pumpkins are pretty wonderful too!

Thank you for the recipe. Your mom mentioned that you were enjoying acorn squash. I really like it too, and this sounds like a really good way to cook it.

xoxox to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I miss your inputs. When will you update. Love, Lorelei